Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Symphony.

by Maya Shah, Sophomore, WLI Coordinator of Development.
Shared during Woman II Woman Talent/Creativity Session, 12.10.10

I’m going to pretend to like you, I’m only going to pretend to care.
Because you’re the only one that’s here. The only one that’s always been there.
Like those seven notes of music sprawled across those sheets.
Let me turn you into those seven notes of music.
No let me refrain.
Let me analyze you like the structure of a sentence.
Because I’m not Michelangelo creating the sculpture David.
You are already made and though there’s a lot of cracks on the surface. These flaws are placed in all the right places.
No I’m not a composer so that the world can listen to your beauty.
But instead I’ll be there like Microsoft word, there to point out all your typos, giving you the option to hit the change, replace, or ignore..
Because I honestly can’t invest into this. No I truthfully don’t know how it all even began.
It was like a capital letter letting me know who was in charge.
It showed up and found a home around my heart. It was a Brick Wall.
And it was cemented to the ditch too stubborn to move.
It’s subject surrounded you.
You and the way you trembled the wall a bit to fill up my holes, like filling in my voids.
Your ending predicate let the air escape out of me as if to think it was my soul.
I kept it in too long.
Questioned it’s run on sentences as it beat around the bush like a child refusing to take a nap.
But you held me, you laid with me counting sheep, spreading your warmth, singing me lullabies…
extenuating each of those seven notes of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment